----------An Opinion from a grandpa, who sat in the YGIC class and a renowned Doctor to the fellow Zealots to leave YGIC alone--------------
Who are you? Should you contact us , two question to ask yourself.
Would you contacts us if we did not have children you can market to or a building for building your profile- If the answer is NO. EXIT NOW.
Do you already have a plan and you are wanting us do something- Exit now- We have no time.
1) Real Volunteers - REACH US. Are you here to help OUR cause or is it aligned with our cause. Are you a good soldier asking , "What can I do for you"?
2) Policy makers, MOVE ON. If you have great ideas, you want a building, a forum, kids and parents email addresses to market your business, pairs of ears and become a Swamiji and tell us what to do.
Those who are after our facility - we know who you are -MOVE ON
We went from basement to house to Temple begging for space. No one cared. After 20 years of relentless work, we have put a place for us. We have our own goals, and not seeking help in setting our goals. Ask yourself if you volunteered with your time to YGIC. If the answer is NO, you should not waste your time. Move on.
Do not tell us what to do with the building. Do no tell us how this building is not used as you see to fit your personal goals. Don't ask us what is the purpose of the building. You just woke up and want to use the building. We spent 20 years creating a place. Learn the history before ranting us with free advice and your business acumen. If we want advice we know where to get it from. MOVE on.
Do not drop names of your friends and donors. We will disqualify you from getting access to the building. The people who do these are selfish and they here for their own personal benefit. Just straight up tell us what you would like the building to be used for. If we find there is a 1% chance for common good, we will respond. If we don't respond, move on; don't apply Indian tactics of bringing pressure. We are here to execute our charter and our dreams, waiting in line for 20 years. Your dreams will have to get in line. Move on
A word of wisdom. Lot of churches are for sale. Less than 200K. Please buy one and try to maintain one. Start your own group. We are all for you. Having the baby is the easy part. Raising one will teach humility.
YGIC is a EGO free Zone. Compassion and Common Good Reins Supreme. We impart Indian Family values in the back drop of Shruthi and Smriti. This is a forum of parents, we are here to meet the charter parents laid out 20 yeas ago. We want the children to think on their own. This is a Swamiji FREE zone. NO human Gods to lecture allowed inside the facility. We get 50 requests a year from every swamiji group you can think of. You think your Swamiji is the greatest. Put yourself in our shoes, we allow your Swamiji, we have to allow every Swamiji and Mataji. We get such requests from other denominations, that they want to come and explain their beliefs. MOVE ON.
1) Children are not commodity. We do not sell the email addresses by giving it out. We are not here to herd them to you to give pair of ears. They are minors. We are bound by laws.
2) We send only 6 emails a year to the parents. This is a promise we made. However important your cause is for YOU, we do not have time or room to send your emails. This is set in our bylaws. Be understanding and do not ask this favor. No ONE in the committee has the power to approve emails forwards for ANY organization, who ever you are including the donors.
3) We are not an indoctrinating place. We are here to leave the world a better place and not a bitter place. Syllabus has a process and parents know what the children are being taught. We do not allow off the cuff teaching at school. No un approved content will be taught in the school. That is the promise to the parents. Remember what you think may not be what we want. Respect us and do not become preachy.
4) Do not ask for recommendation letters. DO NOT expect anything from YGIC.
If you understand the objective of children FIRST policy, you will understand why we don't get involved in anything else. We get upto 30 requests a weeks and 80% of our time is spent on "NON ESSENTIAL, NON VALUE ADDED TASKS" and chasing people away. They are here for self promotion, the facility and to use children and their parents as commodity. The best thing you can do us is leave us alone. If you want to volunteer unconditionally and earn your way to administration please join the volunteer group. The work can be from cleaning the restroom, brooming and wiping the floors to what ever it takes to raise a child. If your Ego is important to you, this is not the place.
Our ONLY Charter
We have lofty goals already set and we are walking towards that line. We don't get involved in ANY THING other than the causes already defined. We FOCUS and FINISH one goal at a time. Each of these goals takes 25 years to become a system and sustain itself.
1) Youth Leadership for Tomorrow with Compassion and Empathy - with underlying Indian family values.
2) Help the seniors feel like a part of extended family and facilitate them enjoy their golden years with happiness and contentment.
We leave minimal contact info here, to save some time for our lives. NO SWAMIJI REQUESTS. This is the only way to reach us. Do not text, call or email to our personal addresses. No teacher or administrator can grant you the email or member info or any orgranizational info or facilities to you verbally or ask for a meeting for you. Attempting these pushy methods will disqualify your request.